Who is John Hersey
Thirty years as a successful corporate leader and entrepreneur have given John Hersey a unique perspective on human behavior, leadership, motivation and change.
This foundation allows him to offer speaking, coaching and consulting programs that are rich with content and packed with actionable fresh insights. He knows about leadership because that is exactly what he has done throughout his career-lead organizations and teams.
- At the age of 28, John was Vice President of Marketing for a $1 Billion Bank.
- By 34, he was Senior Vice President for one of the top advertising agencies in the country. He managed major advertising brands in the footwear, retail, consumer product, insurance and financial service sectors with collective media budgets in excess of $30 Million.
- John led the team that helped Stanley Tools become an international household name and the brand of choice for millions worldwide.
- He co-founded The Hersey Custom Shoe Company , included in The Best of The Best and rated by Runners World Magazine as the best new shoe for 1982 and 1983.
- He founded BBH International, a distribution company with operations in the U.S. and 10 foreign countries.
- He was Director of Worldwide Marketing for a Nutrition Company operating in six countries.
- He spearheaded the creation of Buyers Online, a publicly traded telecommunications company.
- John is a Certified Professional Behavioral and Values Analyst. He brings his expertise regarding the impact of behavior on communication, sales and leadership to every program and event.
- John is the featured Leadership Columnist for the Phoenix Business Journal.
- He is the author of "Finding and Keeping Great Leaders – CEO’s Explain How Corporate Culture Shapes Potential Leaders".
- John is also the author of the highly acclaimed book, "Creating Contagious Leadership".
- John is the past President of the National Speakers Association Arizona Chapter.
- As Volunteers and Philanthropists, John and his wife, Beverly Belury, actively support the McKenzie Monks Foundation, which helps kids cope with cancer, Junior Achievement, The Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce, and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Scottsdale, where serves as a speech mentor to the Youth of the Year contenders.
- John is certified in TriMetrix, an advanced position benchmarking and talent management tool.
John Hersey’s presentation is UNFORGETTABLE. He’s a masterful storyteller that puts the audience right in the story. You can almost see people start to connect the dots to their own behavior.
-Pat Lambrecht, Takeda Pharmaceutical North America (formerly TAP Pharmaceutical Products), Bridgewater, New Jersey
Who is Bev Belury
Although Bev enjoyed her success in corporate America in New York, Boston and Hawaii, she thrives in the environment of really fast growing entrepreneurial companies. She likes being in situations where her leadership and that of those around her needs to be really sharp.
It’s with years of deliberately being exposed to extraordinary leaders that she and her partner John have defined their proprietary concept of contagious leadership. Some of her exciting personal and corporate leadership situations have been:
- Helped develop and implement a highly interactive computer-based international hotel training company while getting her MBA.
- Took over a failing restaurant and in three months created a thriving establishment
- Partnered with a team of other investors in taking a break through telecommunication company public in five years.
- Pioneered a new corporate concept for Tiffany & Co to leverage their corporate product line while dramatically reducing overhead.
- Partner in John Hersey International where for more than 12 years she has help demystify leadership so organizations can create great leaders to help them grow.
- Bev is a Certified Professional Behavioral and Values Analyst. She brings her expertise regarding the impact of behavior on communication, sales and leadership to every program and event.
- Founded The Leaders Institute of the Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce which is anticipated to be duplicated at chambers across our country.
- As active Volunteers and Philanthropists, Bev and her husband, John Hersey, actively support the McKenzie Monks Foundation, which helps kids cope with cancer, Junior Achievement, The Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce, and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Scottsdale.
- Bev is certified in TriMetrix, an advanced position benchmarking and talent management tool.
Thanks for a GREAT presentation – it was truly the hit of our sales training session. Your energy, enthusiasm and content were fabulous. -Kevin Hickey, President & CEO NetPro Computing, Inc., Phoenix, Arizona